Time is one of the most precious resources available because when it’s gone, it’s gone. Managing time and remaining productive is a daily fight for most of us. We would do anything to have an extra hour in our day so that we can get more things done. But it is not always easy.
Below are 11 time-saving tips you can use to save time at work and at home to make your day more productive:
WAYS TO SAVE TIME AT WORK
- Plan your day in advance: Prepare a calendar and schedule all your tasks ahead of time. Cross them off as soon as you complete each one. You can also share your calendar with your team to make them aware of your timetable.
- Delegate your tasks: You may be an expert and enjoy getting involved in all aspects of your work, but you can’t do everything. Delegating a few tasks can help in saving a significant amount of time.
- Take advantage of technology: Don’t be afraid to make use of technology to help you be more productive. Technologies such as LastPass, Dropbox, Calendly, and Slack, to name a few, can save you a lot of time in your day to day activities at work.
- Know when to say no: You may not like disappointing others but learn to say no if you cannot spare the time to help them. It will be impossible to get things done if you keep saying yes to everyone.
- Establish deadlines: Setting deadlines for everything is very beneficial as it helps to keep you on track, prevent procrastination, and save time. Not defining a timeline for your tasks can make them drag on forever.
WAYS TO SAVE TIME AT WORK
- Define your priorities: Select 2-3 critical tasks you need done for the day and get them done first. This way, you can make sure that the most important things get taken care of first and the remainder can be done later if necessary.
- Get 8 hours of sleep: This may sound backward because if you get 5 hours of sleep instead of 8 hours, you have gained 3 hours, right? The problem with this is two-fold. The first is that you will feel tired off and on throughout the day in constant need of a nap or two. The second is that tasks will take longer to complete because your brain is sleep-deprived and not firing on all cylinders. However, if you get 8 hours of sleep, you will feel more rested and be more productive throughout the day!
- Complete one task at a time: Many people like to multi-task as they believe things will get done faster but can be distracting sometimes. Focus on one task at a time and try breaking large projects into smaller tasks that are more manageable for saving time.
- Combine similar tasks: Running errands can be a time-consuming process. Instead of running errands every day, draw up a list of all the places you need to go, and then allocate one day a week to make all the stops. This will save you from making multiple trips to get your errands done.
- Disconnect if necessary: Be it emails or social media, we are so connected to the internet today that it can interfere with our daily tasks. It is important to disconnect from the internet once in a while if you really want to get stuff done on time.
- Hire someone to clean your home: Let’s face it, no one likes house cleaning. Whether you have had a long day at work or a long day at home with the kids, the last thing you want to do is get out all of the cleaning supplies when there are other things you would prefer to be doing. By hiring a company to do this for you, you will instantly free up some time.
Complaining there is insufficient time will never generate more time and is also terrible for your stress levels. Instead, recognize that you can better manage your time and begin experimenting with the time-saving ideas above to become more productive.
If you have been thinking about hiring a company for your home cleaning needs, Freed Up Services exists to give you time back to use however you want. Feel free to call or book online to give our services a try.
Have a Question?
Send us a message. We are happy to answer all your questions!
Ready to Get Started?